painted black stock wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by silverado469, Nov 18, 2010.

1. silverado469

silverado469 Rockstar ROTM Winner

I went ahead and tried the Plasti-Dip spray on one of my stock wheels and I am really debating on actually going through with it with all of them, let me know what you guys think....

[​IMG]

2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Looks like it has merit. Pull the tape off and put it back on and then post a picture with it installed. Thought about doing the same as the tire wieghts have really messed up the edges on mine.

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it looks pretty damn good. If you do want to do the rest, I would take the tires to get re-balanced and have the weights put inside the wheel.

4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I like the look!

5. chucknorris

chucknorris Rockstar 100 Posts

not bad at all! id say go ahead and finish, or x2 on installing the one wheel and see if you like it once its on your truck. nice work man

6. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

wow, looks good. That made a big difference. X3 on taking the tape off and puting it back on the truck.

7. Flynlow

Flynlow New Member

I like that look. I wonder what it would look like if you left the part between the spokes unpainted, or maybe even the stripe through the middle of the spoke.

8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah... Looks great to me, man. I agree, though. Pictures of it on the truck would be awfully helpful.

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

x3 on with the pics on the truck....Sometimes with completely black rims, it can make the combination of black tires and totally black rims look ackward.

10. RSMark5

RSMark5 Member

Quick tip when working with plasti-dip. Remove the tape and paper before it dries. If you wait until it dries, it'll peel all the work you just did off the wheel......

Anyway, Looks great. Would love to see it mounted up.