Painted Door Handles

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by GAPartsMN, Dec 9, 2010.

1. GAPartsMN

GAPartsMN New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Silverado Hybrid and it is in the process of a color change to Laser Blue. I am thinking about painting the door handles to match the truck. The current handles are textured so I would need to get the smooth. Is there a handle that you suggest to get and where do I get it. Also, is what is your opinion on painting them? Am I better off leaving what I have?

2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I would get the chrome handles from the dealer,but thats just my opinion.

3. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

or just get aftermarket handles

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd buy smooth handles then paint them to to match and then you have two sets to choose from.

5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

you could also check out LMC truck and see what they have available.

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just to give you a idea......You can buy a set of Color Matching Door Bezel with Chrome Door Handles.....From G.M/Chevy Accessories .....Below is a set of Blue ones,

[​IMG] Chevrolet Accessories - 2006 - Silverado 1500 - Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue (25U)
    Part #19154680 $110.64
    $92.93 [​IMG]
    Click to enlarge
    Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue

The above picture is just a illustration of the Chrome Handle and Color matched Bezel.

E-bay is another Great outlet to find your Color Matching door handles....

7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like these because they are not overly chromed but still look classy.

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is what I did....bought them from the dealer and had them paint them. Ge t the part numbers form your local dealer for the ready to paint handles then buy them online. If I remeber correctly it was under $200 for the handles and the paint.

9. GAPartsMN

GAPartsMN New Member

Thanks for the input. I like the painted bezel with the chrome handle, you're right about not to much chrome.