Painted Door Handles

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by GAPartsMN, Dec 9, 2010.

1. GAPartsMN

GAPartsMN New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Silverado Hybrid and it is in the process of a color change to Laser Blue. I am thinking about painting the door handles to match the truck. The current handles are textured so I would need to get the smooth. Is there a handle that you suggest to get and where do I get it. Also, is what is your opinion on painting them? Am I better off leaving what I have?
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

I would get the chrome handles from the dealer,but thats just my opinion.
  3. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

or just get aftermarket handles
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I'd buy smooth handles then paint them to to match and then you have two sets to choose from.
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

you could also check out LMC truck and see what they have available.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Just to give you a idea......You can buy a set of Color Matching Door Bezel with Chrome Door Handles.....From G.M/Chevy Accessories .....Below is a set of Blue ones,

[​IMG] Chevrolet Accessories - 2006 - Silverado 1500 - Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue (25U)
    Part #19154680 $110.64
    $92.93 [​IMG]
    Click to enlarge
    Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue

The above picture is just a illustration of the Chrome Handle and Color matched Bezel.

E-bay is another Great outlet to find your Color Matching door handles....
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member

I like these because they are not overly chromed but still look classy.
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member

This is what I did....bought them from the dealer and had them paint them. Ge t the part numbers form your local dealer for the ready to paint handles then buy them online. If I remeber correctly it was under $200 for the handles and the paint.
  9. GAPartsMN

GAPartsMN New Member

Thanks for the input. I like the painted bezel with the chrome handle, you're right about not to much chrome.