1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painted engine cover Chevy

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by BigMike2011, Jul 18, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 New Member

So i thought it might be kinda cool to paint my engine cover one saturday. It took me about 3 hours to finish all the cleaning and painting but i thought it looks pretty cool! let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions about the process! sorry the pictures are kinda small i dont know how to make them bigger yet so your goin to need your glasses for the time being

The hardest part of it all was trying to tape around the vortec lettering, but the lines were pretty easy
    taped off.jpg

Here it is after about 2 hours with 4-5 coats of the krylon red paint
    painted.jpg

Finally done! The red paint is actually really bright looking in the sun and looks really good under the hood where no one can see it lol
    finished product.jpg

Let me know what yall think!
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like it!! Set up a photobucket account and post pics up that way. I would like to see more pics with it on the motor!!
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It looks good Mike. Lots of work but that's what makes it your own :great:
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good. :great:
  5. cmcimino

cmcimino New Member

I cant tell if that's tape in the picture or you painted it blue. I'm guessing you just painted the red. Looks awesome! I think you just gave me an idea!
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Very nice. I ditched my engine cover as soon as I got my truck but to each his own lol. Looks good :great:
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Very nice. I have always wanted to do something with my cover, but never could figure out what. Please repost if you can get better pics!
  8. redneckchevy

redneckchevy New Member

look nice and bet it looks pretty awesome under the hood