Painted Front Grille this Past weekend, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by DIGS16, Oct 29, 2009.

1. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member

So this past weekend i decided to paint my front grille from the factory grey to black so as to match my truck... and i had my bowtie painted at my job being as they have a small paint room that they use... heres a few pictures of my job i did...
    First is the Bowtie
    [​IMG]

Taped up front grille
    [​IMG]

First coat of primer
    [​IMG]

Second Coat of Primer
    [​IMG]

First Coat of Black
    [​IMG]

Second coat of black
    [​IMG]
  2. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member

Tomorrow i will post a pic of all this together on my truck
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member

Nice work so far. Should look very sharp when it's all back together.:great:
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member

I'm thinkin this is going to look good, can't wait to see the finale results.
  5. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member

here are some pics of all the items put together

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. mainec

mainec New Member

I like it!!
  7. groceryman

groceryman New Member

Looks good i like it
  8. MWright936

MWright936 New Member

That looks awesome man! I wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it really does. Great job! :great:
  9. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member

Has anyone painted the chrome horizontal bar that goes through the grill? I've been thinking it might look good body matched.
  10. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

I'm trying to get the chrome stuff off of my grill right now and then I'm going to do a black & white grill and then when I buy a new bow tie it will be white.
  11. Delmarva

Delmarva New Member

Looks good :)
  12. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Well I think it looks nice like that, because that grey definately doesn't look good on any color truck. I guess I kind of take it a little extreme on my grilles, I just cut that mesh out completely and put a billet insert in there to get rid of the ugliness but this is definately different. :happy:
  13. J_chevyman

J_chevyman New Member

Ive heard you can sand te hell out of the chrome, Im going to do it on my chrome bumpers, Im going to use 60 grit sand paper on my orbit drill bit, that will sand off completely the chrome. I blacked out my grille but I got a grille from a work truck so it didnt have chrome lol, I just sanded the hell out of it til the texture was gone then primer, sand, base coat, then clear coat :)
  14. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Check this out... Painting Chrome
  15. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Looks good... I'd black out the whole grill and install a nice polishe bowtie... :great:
  16. saejosh

saejosh New Member

looks great well done
  17. lakebear99

lakebear99 New Member

Looks good. I also want to paint the chrome part to match the rest of the truck.
  18. J_chevyman

J_chevyman New Member

Black grille

I just did mine and If im correct I just uploaded a pic if not sorry Ill re do it...and add more pics, there going up on my profile too...

Attached Files:

19. MPclk2006

MPclk2006 New Member

looks good i want to do mine too
  20. J_chevyman

J_chevyman New Member

More pics

Heres the rest of em, it was alot of work but its turned out pretty good. Next week im going to do the chrome bumpers and the mirrors, planning to paint the truck all black by Febuary, I just need projector lights with black housing to make the whole front end black lol

Attached Files: