1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painted Grill And Bar

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by groceryman, Mar 11, 2013.

1. groceryman

groceryman New Member 100 Posts

new grill.jpg Painted my grill and chrome bar this weekend what do yall think
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

wow, looks great...............what did you use for paint ...thanks Brian
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Definitely changes up/breaks up the look of the truck. Not one for the black on black, but looks like a professional job:great:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I like the work but I think there are some more details to consider.

If it were me I'd float a billet chrome or polished stainless bowtie in the middle of all that black in the nose ... in order to provide some contrast and bring together the chome relfectors of the headlights and the bumper's chrome.

I also think that the chrome and red front plate unnecessarily draws the eye away from the portions of the nose at which the observer should be looking. I.e. I feel it looks out of place amidst a sea of black with chrome trim ... since there is no other large field of chrome with red in it anywhere else on the truck to which it can be tied. Thus, it fails to seamlessly blend...
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I love that look The Mono look I did it to my old Avalanche.. stonemountain2 027.jpg stonemountain2 028.jpg
  6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

7. groceryman

I used rustolem gloss black paint for plastic and dupilcolor adhesion promoter. The chrome plate will be gone soon I just got the westin T max winch tray / bull bar combo just waiting to save up to get my winch . Thanks for the input everybody .
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good. I think that I would have fixed what looks like a big dent in the front fender before I worried about modding the grill and bar.
  9. groceryman

Must be a shadow or reflection no dents
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ahh, ok, They looks to be a huge dent just in front of the fender flair, on an upward angle towards the corner of the hood