1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painted my grille

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Dukeschevy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy New Member 100 Posts

After the chrome coating started peeling off and many people telling me to paint it I decided to colormatch my grille. I also painted the amber reflectors black, Let me know what yall think. Thanks

White grille.jpg
  2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member 100 Posts

I love the color match look, and it looks especially sweet on that body style. Good work man! :great:
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm a fan of the storm trooper look. Maybe if the bumper ever starts to lose some chrome paint it black
  4. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

I think it looks sweet, definitely changes the look of the truck. Is your blinker bulb located behind the amber reflector you painted over? If so do you still have turn signals? Also, I know MA allows a lot more mods on vehicles than other states so is not having front reflectors okay? Oh and I like the hood! Your truck must go pretty decently considering it's a single cab 6.5 turbo diesel.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Very sharp!
  6. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Looks good IMO i think you need to decided if you are going for the white out look or putting a lot of black. think it would look better with color matched flares and remove the trim down the side would look a lot better
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I dunno, MTM -- I dig the storm trooper look, too. :)
  8. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy New Member 100 Posts

Thanks Everyone! I havent had a problem with the athorities yet haha:no: As long as we don't cause a scene they seem to leave us alone. But Im just about done with the painting variations. I think I have it just the way I want it. Maybe a few more things here and there. Next step is to POR15 the frame and keep it from rusting. Thanks again for the replys

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

And yes the ol' 6.5 goes right along :great:
  9. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Well let us know how the POR15 works out. I'm interested in seeing some options to protect my frame since I can already see signs of rust. It's shameful since it is a 2011! I wonder if the previous owner took as good of care it as I do.
  10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That looks awesome. You did a great job. How long did the whole project take you? That seems to have tied the rest of your truck together at the front. And it's definitely unique which is never a bad thing.