Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Painted my mirror caps.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by adampaul1964, Aug 17, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No where near a professional paint job but not bad for spray cans. The clear didn't turn out any where close to the factory body paint job so I'm telling myself that it looks better the way it blends with the black texture of the rest of the mirror, either way I think it's an improvement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. jbjones240

jbjones240 Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks sharp, i can't see anything wrong with the clear from the pics that you posted. I think it would be hard to get it perfectly smooth w/o sanding the entire thing down.

-JJ

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think it looks good Adam. Maybe after they dry/cure for 30 days try a mild polish on them.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good Adam! Gotta love a DIY project.

I know I have told you before, but I love your truck lowered!!

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Definitely like that two-toned look when the caps are painted. It adds just that much more class to an already classy ride. Looks pretty darn good for spray paint as well!

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Adam, I forgot to add after you polish them, then add a coat of wax to them.

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Adam, the Mirror Caps Look Really Good!!..........you did a Great Job on painting them, You could maybe do a Wet Sand on them and then Hit/Spray them with a Coat of Clear.

8. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey ADAMPAUL man if your not fully satisfied and want to redo them and prob could have got this paint to match your color code and year make and model along with good clear coats and the color matched paint is already in a spray can. I would try this site www.automotivetouchup.com they have good prices and the paint comes already mixed and have everything on the site to paint whatever you need.I was actually thinking about buying paint and supplies to paint my mirrors and a spray gun kit they have for $90 that i could hook up to my air compressor that was given too me and is nice! Let me know what yall think of the site!

9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, I used Duplicolor Perfect Match paint, matched to my paint code and Duplicolor Clear.

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Adam......The Dupilcolor Product line of paint and other items.....IMO is Awesome to be able to get the Perfect Match Paint along with the Clear Coat, I can't think of a another product that Even comes Close to the Dupilcolor!!.....when I painted the Rear bumper pads....I was and still am Very Pleased with the End results!!