Painting door handles and Grille bars.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rumpamuro, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok ive asked so many people and have gotten 2 different answers, i want to get my door handles, and front grille plastic pieces of my 07 classic w/t, the same color as the truck (shiney basically) now some ppl say the grille will be ok to paint over, but the handles no because they are like a high traffic area sorta thing and the paint will chip and come off. Other people have told me it will work fine. and well my idea is to paint the girlle bars, but buy the covers for the handles and paint them black.

what are your suggestions??

2. Flatman

Flatman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

You can actually just sand down the handles to smooth and paint them. As long as you are patient and use lots of clear while sanding in between coats, it will last and look good. I am actually going to do this myself to my handles and mirrors. I will try to do a how to and progress thread when I do it.

3. Paul M

Paul M Rockstar

I painted door handles on my 89, but I was just painting them black because they were faded. They have held up very well. I probably used a Rustoleum primer and paint. I like Rustoleum especially on rusted parts. The door handles were not rusted. A color to match the body will be more difficult. An acrylic enamel should work well.