Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Painting exhaust tips?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by tigersdl65, Feb 28, 2010.

1. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Alright guys i am curious about painting my exhaust tips. Wondering if I should paint them, rhino line them, or powdercoat them?
    Thanx for all advice

2. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm also thinking about painting the end of my exhaust pipe, I think high heat paint is the way to go but I'm not sure

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I just painted my exhaust from the muffler back, but stopped just before the tips. I want to see how the paint is going to hold up over time before I paint my tips. I did it a couple weeks ago and so far so good. I used VHT header paint in flat black.

4. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I think it would look great to paint your exhaust tips but i dont know how long paint would last.

5. tigersdl65

thanks for the feedback, i think ill rhino line them

6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i dont think rhino or any liner would hold up to the heat, engine blodk or header paint would be the most eceonmical way to go.

7. tigersdl65

ok i guess it will be engine block paint