1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

painting grille

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bad5300, Apr 7, 2010.

1. bad5300

bad5300 New Member

Lately I've been tossing around the idea of blacking my truck out. I'd like to start small with the grille and bowtie, however im not exactly sure of the best way to go about this. Any ideas? Again, I'm just wanting to paint the grille and bowtie a flat black.
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You could use Krylon Fusion for platics for the Bow Tie...If its like the GMC logos its held on with clips. As for the grill , what color is it now?
  3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I painted my grill and emblem the other day because I had one of those billet grill inserts in the mail, and had heard that they looked junk with the stock gray grill. Not sure what model year you have, but on my 03 1500 it was pretty easy to pull off...only thing is, the chrome strip across the rest of the front end comes with it, along with the painted trim, so you have to tape it all up. I sprayed it with adhesion promoter for plastic, then a black plastic paint, then a coat of clear. Really easy, and the grill looks SO much better black its crazy. Emblem was easy, just a simple rachet job.
  4. Carbon

Carbon New Member

Check my album. I just got done painting my grill and bowtie. Looks great but I am thinking about getting a billet grill instead.