Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Painting help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 4x4suburbans, Jun 11, 2013.

1. 4x4suburbans

4x4suburbans New Member

Hey guys,

a few days ago I used the dupli color spray to paint my replacement fender and it looks almost perfect exept the shine or lack of.

Is there a way to get that factory paint gloss?? I put a few coats of clear that was sopost to make it glossy but didn't do the job.
    image.jpg

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive never seen a product from a spray can that can duplicate the paint system you get from a good spray gun and quality paint.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The duplicolor spray clear is junk, my boyfriend tried it and he got the same results. The best way is what Tbplus said, but spraying clear coat is not an easy thing to do at all. You would have to use a 2 stage clear, and then it still has to be buffed and wet sanded if you get any dirt or orange peel in it.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

you might be able to take it off and take it to a paint shop and get it cleared for 125.