Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

painting my front grill silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Burden33, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

So guys im looking at painting my chrome grill white what do you guys think and is there any thing i should know before i start the project.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry but I don't understand your question. You say "backing my chrome grill white". Do you mean painting the grill white? Look at Bathis (I think thats how he spells it) grill. Its all white and I think it looks good.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2.....On what STB Above has mentioned, and In looking at the Picture, I see what looks to be a Wiring Connection below the Front Tow Hook on the driver-side, what does and/or that Connection for??

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I bet thats a engine heater, Mike.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2 Mike, thats an engine block heater, In California you wouldn't one of those lol!

If you do paint it to match make sure you scuff the "chrome" real good, It will flake off if you don't do good prep work. There is an adhesion promoter called Bulldog, they sell it in any paint store and it's made for painting flexible plastics and chrome pieces. It also keeps from getting spider cracks in the clear coat.

6. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Just sand good and use etching primer. It will look much better painted. Paint your bowtie black while you're at it.

7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Personally, I like the chrome but to each his own.

8. Gregsyellorado

Gregsyellorado Rockstar

Or you could swap with someone that has a black work truck grill and paint that one.

9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dont paint it...Have it Dipped in a white carbon fiber!

10. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ya sorry orginal post fixed. You guys are correct it is my block heater since it get down to -50 and below up here in northern canada. I love tge chrome look on my truck it just seem like a lot of chrome to me. Sstoner where is it i get white carbon fiber dip too