1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painting stock silverado wheels?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Thefrisbee, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Thefrisbee

Thefrisbee New Member

I'm a little low on cash and trying to fix my 00' Silverado Sportside up. I was thinking about painting the rims
    a graphite/charcoal color. Thing is I'm to be honest, kinda scared they will look ridiculous. Does anyone have a picture of what a 99'-03' rim looks like painted up? Sure would help. Thanks!
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

You could have them powder coated for a couple of hundred. You could paint em but then again you have to worry about em chipping or the paint running
  3. Thefrisbee

Thefrisbee New Member

^ Yeah I've thought about that too. I'm worried to throw the $200+ at them without knowing what the finished product would look like though. I've looked over the forum, and on google.images but I can't find an example anywhere. :\
  4. speedracer170

speedracer170 New Member

I painted the wheels on my old canyon and they turned out great. I just scuffed em up then used the dupli color and clear paint, I had them painted for about a year and they never chipped. Traded the truck in on an 09 silverado so i'm not sure how they are now.
  5. heavy chevy

getting them powder coated will look great. They will look like a brand new set of wheels When i get my 22s i am gonna have them powder coated the same color as my truck and chrome
  6. Thefrisbee

Thefrisbee New Member

One thing that deters me from getting them powder coated is the cheap plastic lug nut cover on in the center. I would imagine you couldn't powercoat that little plastic disc, and that would leave me to try to match it up with spray paint. Hrm...

Any input on what these would look like in a graphite on a midnight (indigo?) blue 2000 stepside?
    Many thanks!

[​IMG]
  7. heavy chevy

those plastic lugs screw out and then you can put them back in after it is done
  8. skulls17_bob

skulls17_bob Member

hey man i had mine powder coated black and left the center caps silver, and the plastic lug nut covers are still black. It turned out awesome and i like the contrast. My wheels are a little diff than yours but i think something like that would like pretty cool. IMO
  9. Thefrisbee

Thefrisbee New Member

Do you happen to have a picture of them?
  10. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If those are your rims, DONT WRECK EM! They're so clean! mint condition! Save the money and invest in real after market rims. Those rims look best the way they are.