1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painting the Front Bumper ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 08SierraZ71, Feb 7, 2010.

1. 08SierraZ71

08SierraZ71 New Member

Just a quick questions for anyone that might have an idea. I have an 08 sierra and have been thinking about painting the chrome bumpers for awhile now. I hear that its not an easy process though, and that its not guaranteed and could chip fairly easily.
    I know some people have done this already, but I live in Ontario Canada and the winters could have a hard effect on it.
    Any suggestions or ideas?
    Thanks alot
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I am wanting to paint mine also, but I think I might have it powder coated instead.
  3. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

i got mine done and like it alot but i live in florida
  4. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Def have it powdercoated, it won't chip and hold up a hell of a lot better. I had mine LineX 'd to match my bed, sidesteps and custom light bar.
  5. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

u want to paint the chrome bumbers???why u do that >> imsearching to add more chrome to my chevy tahoe its make the truck more cool and u want to paint it ???:no:
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Its all a matter of personal preference. I am looking to black out all of my chrome as well.
  7. AllBlkdOut07

Chrome FTL.

Every nut, bolt and washer on my truck is black lol.
  8. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

lol im searching to make all my car coverd by chrome
  9. AllBlkdOut07

Your truck looks familiar..hmmm..
  10. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I'm in the same mind set with chrome FTL. I hate it. I "personally" think it looks cheap and tacky. Notice where I said PERSONALLY, lol. Even the front little bit on my bumper drives me crazy.