1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

PAL - iPod player accessory

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Als09Sierra, Aug 21, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did the recall thing for two issues GM decided to address. GM has given me $100 since they disabled the heated washer fluid system. Woo hoo. I was thinking of investing in something for the truck, and was on the GMC accessories site and found a $59 PAL device that allows you to hookup your iPod and control it through the factory radio settings.

Does anyone have this option, or had it installed? I like the idea because I can currently play my iPhone through the headphone jack, but I believe the sound is better and controlling through the radio would be nice. I've also heard of other similar devices selling for $150. Then again, it could be a waste of money and I could better spend my money on the Weather Tech window visors, or the Alpine PowerPak. :happy:

2. Als09Sierra

Anyone, Bueller?

3. GMClone

GMClone Rockstar

Sorry, I don't have any useful input, but could you post a link to the item? I'm looking for a way to hook a 3.5mm stereo plug to my factory receiver so I can hook up my phone or mp3 player (non-iphone plug).

Nevermind, I found it. Looks like it's ipod specific.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. Als09Sierra

5. nlocho11

nlocho11 Rockstar 100 Posts

i just installed this in my truck the other day, and worked great. and when i saw worked, i mean because it played my ipod for 40minutes, then when i went to start the truck again the next morning my radio stopped working. but in that working time it was awesome haha

6. Als09Sierra

Nlocho - Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can resolve and it works for you. :)

I spoke to the dealership and the PAL accessory doesn't work with the navigation radio. Oh well.