PAL - iPod player accessory

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Als09Sierra, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did the recall thing for two issues GM decided to address. GM has given me $100 since they disabled the heated washer fluid system. Woo hoo. I was thinking of investing in something for the truck, and was on the GMC accessories site and found a $59 PAL device that allows you to hookup your iPod and control it through the factory radio settings.

Does anyone have this option, or had it installed? I like the idea because I can currently play my iPhone through the headphone jack, but I believe the sound is better and controlling through the radio would be nice. I've also heard of other similar devices selling for $150. Then again, it could be a waste of money and I could better spend my money on the Weather Tech window visors, or the Alpine PowerPak. :happy:

2. Als09Sierra

Anyone, Bueller?

3. GMClone

GMClone Rockstar

Sorry, I don't have any useful input, but could you post a link to the item? I'm looking for a way to hook a 3.5mm stereo plug to my factory receiver so I can hook up my phone or mp3 player (non-iphone plug).

Nevermind, I found it. Looks like it's ipod specific.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. Als09Sierra

5. nlocho11

nlocho11 Rockstar 100 Posts

i just installed this in my truck the other day, and worked great. and when i saw worked, i mean because it played my ipod for 40minutes, then when i went to start the truck again the next morning my radio stopped working. but in that working time it was awesome haha

6. Als09Sierra

Nlocho - Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can resolve and it works for you. :)

I spoke to the dealership and the PAL accessory doesn't work with the navigation radio. Oh well.