1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

parking brake light staying on

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 33jt26, Aug 5, 2014.

1. 33jt26

33jt26 New Member

Hey guys just a question to see if anyone out there has had this issue and or how to fix it. I have a 2002 chevy silverado 2500hd and since thursday the 31 of july my parking light has been on my dash and there is know sign the brakes are on and the pedal is released already checked that. It first went on and off when i was driving it around then it just stayed on. I looked every where i could think. If anybody has an answer to how to fix this that would be great.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

If that is the only light that is on, the switch is stuck in the on position and needs to be changed; or the pedal/switch needs to be adjusted. The pedal should operate the switch as it is depressed and release the switch as it returns to the "full up", off position.
  3. silverado002

silverado002 Member

What RayVoy said plus you may be able to unplug the wire connector at the parking brake pedal assembly to see if the light stays on not. On my 2002 the wire is at the very back part of the assembly against the firewall.