1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

parking light cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Conlan Rose, May 13, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Today since I have a nice and calm day I have been doing work on the truck. I cleaned the parking lamp harness brushing off the grime and grease, but after looking in to the lens its a mess. How would I clean up the lens should I just use some soap and water and maybe a brush or will it damage the inner finish.
  2. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

If you are referring to the inside of the lens and cannot squeeze a microfiber cloth in there try a soft bristle tooth brush. Soap and water should work fine but you might need something stronger depending on what you are trying to remove.
  3. Conlan Rose

Its mainly dirt and grease that have acumilated in the lens over time. And thanks I wanted to be sure before I started. Btw like the new sign pic.
  4. Conlan Rose

Nice and shiny the lenses are currently drying and inside is almost spotless. Barely needed to scrub with anything just a couple good rinses and wiping with what I could reach with microfiber towel and my finger.

Heres some pics.

2012-05-13_15-21-53_389.jpg
    Lenses drying in sun

2012-05-13_15-21-15_630.jpg 2012-05-13_15-21-32_269.jpg
    The parking light harnesses and bulbs after cleaning all I could with wire and tooth brush. Note they are yellow and gray in color they were black when I started.

2012-05-13_08-37-08_285.jpg
    With the parking light being taken out.