1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Parking Lights Issue HELP

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by BlackBeast, May 14, 2013.

1. BlackBeast

BlackBeast New Member

Hey guys, I'm having some strange problems with my parking lights on my 1998 k1500. The left lights are much brighter for some reason and I'm not sure why? Are they just a different bulb that was put in or something? Also, the left corner turning light sometimes is on but sometimes it shuts off. Why would this be? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

In my last burb, My HID closest to the battery was always brighter...

3. BlackBeast

BlackBeast New Member

Strange... It's actually on the opposite side for me

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The corner lights have junk harnesses just replace the socket they are 4.99 at autozone. The corner lights should be the same brightness they are controlled from the same power source that evenly distributes power. Open both park lights up which takes like 5 mins and check the bulbs. Maybe the inside of the lenses are dirty.

5. BlackBeast

BlackBeast New Member

The parking lights are not dirty. They are crystal clears and I always wipe them down after each wash. Do you think they need new bulbs or harnesses too?

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Park light might need new bulbs, but the corner lights will need both. And I meant the inside of the lenses

7. BlackBeast

BlackBeast New Member

Oh, ok. I figured it would be the bulbs. Thank you

8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

If the battery/alternator voltage is normal, a dirty connection will not increase the brightness of the lamp. However, the bright one may be normal and the dull one may be a result of a dirty connection.

If the sockets are in good shape, the bright light is probably getting ready to burn out.