Parking my truck for awhile

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mburn039, Jun 1, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. mburn039

mburn039 New Member

I going to be parking my truck for a while and someone recommended that, amongst other things, I flush my heater lines. Does anyone know how to do this, or what I should use to flush them?

Mike
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

How long are you going to be parking your truck for? I leave my parked from September clear into April, and I have never flushed my heater lines. I'm not saying don't do it, but just wondering why you would have to? Now that I mentioned it now mine will probably explode. :lol:
  3. mburn039

mburn039 New Member

haha, I guess as short as possible. but unfortunately, It's going to be a while. It's already been sitting for a few months and its not going any where for a while. I have it in my garage but I want to make sure the truck is well kept since it only has 58000 miles on it.

Mike
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

may I ask why you have to park the truck?
  5. mburn039

mburn039 New Member

I'm going to college and I have another car that gets better gas mileage so I want to build a bad ass truck real slowly over the next 4 years.

Mike
  6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

7. larryleeUSN

larryleeUSN New Member 100 Posts

i leave my truck sit for 6 months to a year. everytime i go on deployment. all u have to do is take a trip over there and start it up everynow and then and run it for a lil while. drive it some. you should be just fine. ive never had a problem leaving my truck alone. its only got about 35,000 miles on it now.
  8. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member 100 Posts

Same here. Every time I go on deployment I just leave it with someone I trust (now my wife of course) who can start it and drive it once a week or every couple of weeks. Shouldn't be a big deal at all.

-Greg
  9. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP New Member 100 Posts

i gave the keys to my brother in law when i was deployed.he didnt crank it for 6 months.when i found that out i sent my dad to get the keys and have him take care of it.but no damage done.just a dead battery
  10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i would put the batt on a trickle charger park it 2x8s to keep tires off the ground and drop tire air pressure by about 15- 20%, put a bag over the exhaust (to keep mice out), cover to keep the dust off, and stabil the gas i would also fill the tank all the way to help prevent condensation build up in the tank, you should be good for 6 months at a time, oh ya a fresh oil change before storage is a must