Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

parking on a steep driveway

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bigbrett, Oct 21, 2007.

1. bigbrett

bigbrett Rockstar

Nose up or nose down

I found out if you have less then 1/8 of a tank(03 tahoe) dont park it nose down:frown::frown::frown::frown:

it also seems to start better nose up

opinions????????????
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Het Brett, Running the tank down there is not a good idea. It cause premature failure of fuel pump in tank. The gas is what cools down the pump. Not sure about angle of parking thing though.
  3. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i agree-when you get below 1/4 tank the fuel pump is not submerged any longer and heats up faster. this will cause a shorter life of the fuel pump and you must drop the tank to do the swap and it will go out at the worst time (in the middle of moving from our old house to our new home) the pumps run $120 so when you see the resurve box show act as it is the empty fuel light and add some....mike
  4. bigbrett

bigbrett Rockstar

but then I have to find a gas station pull over,hope it's full serve otherwise I have to get out walk to the back.....................the whole thing gets tiresome lol.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats why there is adult nap time. I do naps too :great:
  6. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yyou ought to ride my motorhome it has a 180 gallon gas tank and when going down a slight incline just below 1/2 a tank of gas it will starve out and die. this is with almost 90 gallons still in the tank.
    you can get these and place a couple around in your tank and almost suck out all ther gas
    http://autoperformanceengineering.com/
    but you will still burn up your fuel pump if it is not submerged. the gas cools the pump.....mike