1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Part Number for Coil Wiring Harness 2003 Tahoe 5.3 Z71 4wd

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by BillM, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone have the GM Part number for the small wiring harness that connects from the engine wiring harness to the coils. I would like to have both sides, if it is not the same part number. This is for a 2003 Tahoe 5.3 4wd.
    This little harness is clipped to the coil bracket and has the connectors to the four coils.
    I am trying to set up a quick connect test on the dyno to compare the stock coils to the MSD coils. I have 2 sets of coils and 2 sets of brackets, and just need the wiring harness to complete the test. Dyno time is expensive, and I want to change the coils as fast as possible.
    Thanks
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My closest dealer won't give part numbers over the phone. Thankfully the dealer near where I work on my truck ... will. :) Still, dealers are starting to become difficult about part numbers because the Internet is hurting their margins...
  4. BillM

BillM Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks Guys,

Pikey gave me the nudge to go to GMpartsDirect from another post. And, I got the correct part number from them with my VIN. I ordered one from them, and I got a lead for another in a local junk yard. Boy, they are expensive!

SurrealOne is correct about some dealers. But, the one farther away won't give me part numbers; and the closest, and the one I deal with, will.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Glad to see that you found what you needed.