1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Part Time Running Problem?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Yuzilla, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Yuzilla

Yuzilla New Member

OK, here is one for you. I have an occasional running problem on my 02 5.3 Yukon 85k miles. The problem only occurs about half the time and I can't figure out what it is. Here is the best way I can explain it.

Most of the time ( a little over half) the Yukon runs great. smooth idle, responsive throttle, and great power. The other part of the time, idle is a little off, power not all there and throttle response not great either. I have tried to place it to the weather or gas. An example was Thursday, I drove to work and the truck was running bad. All the bad symptoms were present. I get in on Friday, and it is running like brand new! The temperature was the same on both days and I am on the same tank of gas.

I have done sea foam, throttle cleaning and it didn't make much of a difference. Has anyone else experienced this problem??
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Any check engine lights come on? It could be electrical as my Wife's Suburban seemed to have a problem similar to that and it was throwing random mis-fire codes. Ended up being a bad coil pack. Never happened again since the replacement.
  3. Yuzilla

Yuzilla New Member

Unfortunately I don't have any check engine lights on. Did yours throw a code?
  4. 03TrailBlazer

03TrailBlazer Rockstar

I had an o2 sensor do this once, but it also threw a code.....
  5. Yuzilla

Yuzilla New Member

Just a heads up, I changed my spark plugs and wires a couple of days ago, and the truck has run great ever since. Not sure if this is a fix, but it looks good so far. I went with NGK TR55 copper plugs for $2 each and Duralast plug wires. Either way, the idle has smoothed out overall and I hope this is a fix.