1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pass Key III Warning Light [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by BINGO53, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

'07 Nox. My partner who rarely drives at night just noticed that when you lock using the remote, the security light on the dash blinks. The owner's manual is a bit murky regarding this. I checked the light several times through out the evening, and it blinks constant. Is this normal? I'd noticed it before when locking at night and thought I remembered it going out after a short time.

Respectfully,
    BINGO53 :great:
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 1000 Posts

I think that's normal blinking all the time:neutral:
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts

My TB does that too. Never could quite figure it out but then again. I don't really care....:lol:Just another pretty flashing light.
  4. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

I like the idea of the pretty flashing light too!
    However, I just got off the phone with the dealer, and this is not normal, at least that is what the service person that picked up the phone said. I have not met this one yet. So Monday morning it is off to the dealer. I'll get back with details after that.

At least I get a free cab ride home out of it! :tongue:

Respectfully,
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

I'm not sure about different models but mine does the same thing. For years most car alarms have a visible blinking light somewhere on the dash as a deterent to ward off criminals by letting them know that the vehicals alarm system is armed. Mine blinks when locked and alarm armed. It will continue to blink after I unlock my truck until I turn my ingnition on then it stops. On my Wife's 01 Suburban, the security light will light up on the dash until the ignition is turned on.
  6. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

When Partner woke me up the other night it was about something else. She still does not get it that all she has to do is leave the headlight setting on AUTO and forget about it. She manually turned them on when it got dark, and was trying to ............UGH! Anyway, I went out to check she noticed the light blinking when I locked the door. I just said "Its normal its supposed to do that, it will go out in a bit." Thats when I started going outside every couple hours to look, still blinking. I do remember getting the new vehicle home and noticing that the light would go out in about 10 secs. after locking the doors. I am familiar w/after market and other alarms that have the noticeable "armed light" always on.

The dealer is not very far away, I'll take it in and at least get the matter documented. I find the OM a bit murky on this, reading elsewhere it scares me as to possible "inconveniences" if this system decides to act up. (shutting off fuel injectors?! :eek:)

Respectfully,
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Please let us know of your findings:)
  8. BINGO53

BINGO53 New Member

It is normal specific to my vehicle and many others. There are a few variations out there regarding the Pass Key III/Content Theft Deterent system. Most vehicles so equipped will blink when the system is armed. I checked a friends 07 Tahoe-no blink. There was one Equinox on dealer lot that did not blink. If you can find it, GM Bulletin #1857755 discuses this as to my VIN.. (sorry, I do not have a scanner) But nearly all GM vehicles so equipped will blink to let the thief know that if he bashes a window, grabs and runs away with our stuff, it will screw up the electronics on our vehicle.

This all started because my partner could not figure out the headlights. How often do you sit in a locked car just watching the dash lights !? :rolleyes:

Thank you for your replies and input.

Respectfully,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.