Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Passanger Wiper Blade Wont Sit Flush

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kiknit, Mar 5, 2008.

1. kiknit

kiknit New Member

Replaced the driver and passanger side wiper blade on my 2006 Silverado Z71 Quad Cab - both blades are 22".

Both blades snapped in like a champ, but the blade on the passanger side doesnt sit flush against the windshield at the very tip. It almost looks like the blade is about 2" to long, but when I swap it out with the blade from the driver side, I get the same result.

When the blades are turned on, the lower right hand corner of the windshield (if youre sitting inside the truck and looking out the front) does not clear off the and the rubber of the blade does not make contact with the rest of the windshield until its almost at the center/top of the windshield.

I had to actually replace the arm about 3 days ago because of some ice damage and Im still getting the same result.

Are there any adjustments I can make to the arm or assembly, or did I read the manual incorrectly when it said to use 22" replacement blades?

Thanks for any info!!!!
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
    The wipers are the same as you mentioned on both my 2006 Silverado, and 2001 Suburban. The bottom right-hand corner of the windshield curves so much that the tip of the wiper will not bend with the shape of the glass. I have never heard of a fix or a special wiper that would correct this but I wanted to let you know it is normal.
  3. preder

preder New Member

driver side wiper dose not work

used wipers after a ice storm, driver side was stuck, passenger was not. after clearing the ice, now only the passenger side works, is there a quick fix.