1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

passenger door electrical problem

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Tdevil76, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Tdevil76

Tdevil76 New Member

Greetings.....I have a 2003 Silverado w/ 5.3 L that has an electrical problem, just can't figure out what exactly.
    A while back I noticed the key fobs wouldn't lock or unlock the doors or activate the factory alarm. I then realized the passenger door look wouldn't engage when starting off like the driver door. After further investigation, i realized I had no power window, lock, or mirror on the passenger side. The dome light won't even come on when you open the passenger door. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike:sign0144:
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome! Sounds like a wire issue getting cut or picnched in the door jam especially since you say the dome light wont come on, there is a hose inside the door jam that contains all the wires look there then start following the wires
  3. Tdevil76

Tdevil76 New Member

tried that already with no luck.....any other ideas?
  4. rbbyrberts

rbbyrberts New Member

I have the same problems with my 2003 tahoe, can't figure it out.
  5. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

have you poped the interior door off and checked for water damage? ooorrr fuses or connections.. thats my guesses i know how frustrating electrical automotive problems can be
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's a bummer Mike. I hope someone here will have some good advice for you to correct your problem.
  7. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

sounds like I would start by checking the continuity on the door switch, and check the engines for codes as well... sounds crazy I know, but you'd be surprised sometimes.
  8. r_w

r_w New Member

I was looking at an '03 Suburban that had the same problem. The dealership wasn't willing to fix it - one of the reasons I backed out of the deal. I did find some info including a campaign that talked about needing to reprogram the door zone module. I don't think it's a simple solution, but seems common enough there should be some info out there on the web.