Passenger window problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by From78to83, Apr 11, 2010.

1. From78to83

From78to83 New Member

Hello, My passenger window quit working in the full up position. I ordered a new regulator, plugged it in before I took the old one out and the new one does not work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Alex 2001 Suburban

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i would check the tracks for any binds. then check all the wiring and make sure nothing has been exposed from either getting cut of from chaffing

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2, also fuses might be a cause??

4. From78to83

From78to83 New Member

Thanks

I have checked all of the wiring that I can find for chaffes and I have jiggled them while activating the switch. Seems to be okay. Is there a fuse for the passenger window only? Could it be the switch that you press to put the window down? Neither switch will activate the window, driver side or passenger side. Thanks for any help. I am going to send the regulator back??!!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I was actually asking about the fuse problem, thinking it might kick in an idea from someone else.. If you have a way to check to see if power is going to that window motor?? that would be your best bet. Since there is a chance that you might have a fried motor??
    Just trying to help. good luck.

6. From78to83

From78to83 New Member

Switch

I have a switch on order for the passenger side. We will see if that works. Correct me if I ma wrong, but if I hooked the new regulator up and it did not work, then it is probably not the regulator that is bad. I am waiting to send it back till I find out for sure if it is the switch.

7. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

nothing to do with the problem or solution but i love your quote above your pic Murdog94 lol that's great!

8. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

Did you take the panel off yet?

My passenger rear quit on me. Once I got the panel off I found it just came unplugged from the door switch.

9. dannys99

dannys99 Rockstar

Just make for darn sure you don't have the child lock out switch on. Probably not the switch if you cant roll it down with the driver or passenger controls.

10. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban Rockstar 100 Posts

Get a mulit meter(volt meter), $30 at an auto parts store, costs a bit but it is a very effective tool and can save you thousands down the road, trace back wiring to another connector, test your continuity, see if there is a break in the wire or shorted connector. Then check continuity on the switch in the powered positions. No continuity, no connection. Are there any relays that power each window individually?