1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Patch a small dime size paint chip/scratch 09 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mayers2007, Sep 11, 2009.

1. mayers2007

mayers2007 New Member

Recently installed a new Bak Industries BakFlip Tonneau cover on my truck. Had a buddy help me and he leaned the tonneau cover against the bed of my truck while I was inside moving around. The metal bracket on the tonneau cover scrapped off a dime size of paint right down to bare metal.

What is the least expensive method to fixing this without it looking like crap?

What would a body shop charge just to fix a dime size scratch and will they even waste their time on it?

Thanks
  2. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

Ask your dealer if they have paint chip guy that comes in. I have seen them do some good things.
  3. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

this is probably the way. Ive been around alot of dealerships and have seen these guys do some incredable things. plus there usally alot cheaper than a paint shop.
  4. mayers2007

mayers2007 New Member

Thanks for replies. How much should I expect to pay you think? I have the Black Granite Metallic.