pc failure

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by cascott325, Apr 4, 2009.

1. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

well... some of you may know that i have been battling a virus on my pc for the past few months. on april 1st 2009, the virus exploded taking the life of a beloved computer and a dear friend... i am forced to come to you on an old laptop until i can get my desktop up and running again. until then, i cannot post pics, and probably wont be on as much. there is a user asking for some pics, and i will post them when i can. sorry folks.

2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like you got the onewe have been battling around here!

D/L a copy of Malwarebytes its free and works real good to clean out the malware that is letting the virus's in.

Try running it in safemode at first and then after it cleans out most of the mess you can run it again like normal

Oh and get a fresh copy of AVG antivirus and install it also.

Hang in there!

3. cascott325

lmao, my pc shut down, and will not stay on after a startup, even in safemode. it shuts down (if i get it to load) in less than 30 seconds.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about your PC probs.

5. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Darn that is rough! You got a restore cd? If you can boot from the cd that will help to tell you if its software or maybe a hardware issue.

Wish you were closer I would have been happy to take a look at it for ya

6. cascott325

well, thanks for y'all concerns, and thanks dr. zero for the offer. my step sister went to college to fix problems like this, so she will end up with it. i really hope that she can get it fixed w/o having to re-install everything on my pc

7. Sir Charles

Sir Charles New Member

Sorry to hear about your PC problems. This happened to my HP a few years ago so I switched to Apple. I haven't had any issues with them yet.

8. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Had similar probs with my work laptop, turned it in last week and they threw in the towel and just gave me a new one. Hope you can get yours fixed.

9. jediracer

jediracer Rockstar 100 Posts

I saved a couple of PC's by take the HD out and installing it in to another PC as a slave drive. Then I ran antispyware/malware scanners on the slave drive to clean it. After the scans came back clean, I reinstall the HD back into the original PC and all was well.

Good Luck!

10. cascott325

i have been in contact with my anti virus provider, and he has given me some tools and tips on getting rid of this bastard of a problem. hope it works. i will keep yall posted