Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

PCM tuners

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Jun 21, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone done any tuning to their vehicles?

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading the profile on my work truck's PCM, but the $$$ for a truck that isn't mine kinda sucks, especially since they retire them at 100k, and I'm at 71k adding 2500 miles per month. It won't be long before I may be driving one of the F150's that have been sitting around the lot at work.:eek: I had tried to use a friends Hypertech when I found out you are limited to one vehicle at a time.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I tuned mine with the Hypertech tuner. I am very pleased with it.

4. WoodySAR

WoodySAR New Member

My JET programmer should be in shortly...I'm hopeful.

5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Right now i'm considering the new hypertech max energy tuner for my 07 sierra.

6. WoodySAR

WoodySAR New Member

:grrrrrr:
    The Jet programmer they sent me apparently was an older version and needed an update. Jet wanted me to send it back to them and they would send me a new one. I said no thanks and am returning it to JCWhitney for a refund. Hypertech is looking better and better.

7. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've had a Hypertech, Superchips Flashpaq, and now, a custom tune from Wait4Me loaded on a SCT Handheld unit.

After a custom tune, you'll never go with an off-the-shelf tuner again. :)

8. stylinfosho

stylinfosho New Member

A custom dyno tune is the way to go!!

9. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I've got the Hypertech Hyperpac touch screen programmer. I love it other than the fact that they do not have all the features functional as of right now. I have to take it to Hypertech and get them to individually program mine as I have the 8.1L and they dont have many of those from what they told me.

10. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner