PCM tuners

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Jun 21, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Anyone done any tuning to their vehicles?

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading the profile on my work truck's PCM, but the $$$ for a truck that isn't mine kinda sucks, especially since they retire them at 100k, and I'm at 71k adding 2500 miles per month. It won't be long before I may be driving one of the F150's that have been sitting around the lot at work.:eek: I had tried to use a friends Hypertech when I found out you are limited to one vehicle at a time.

3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I tuned mine with the Hypertech tuner. I am very pleased with it.

4. WoodySAR

WoodySAR New Member

My JET programmer should be in shortly...I'm hopeful.

5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Right now i'm considering the new hypertech max energy tuner for my 07 sierra.

6. WoodySAR

WoodySAR New Member

:grrrrrr:
    The Jet programmer they sent me apparently was an older version and needed an update. Jet wanted me to send it back to them and they would send me a new one. I said no thanks and am returning it to JCWhitney for a refund. Hypertech is looking better and better.

7. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've had a Hypertech, Superchips Flashpaq, and now, a custom tune from Wait4Me loaded on a SCT Handheld unit.

After a custom tune, you'll never go with an off-the-shelf tuner again. :)

8. stylinfosho

stylinfosho New Member

A custom dyno tune is the way to go!!

9. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I've got the Hypertech Hyperpac touch screen programmer. I love it other than the fact that they do not have all the features functional as of right now. I have to take it to Hypertech and get them to individually program mine as I have the 8.1L and they dont have many of those from what they told me.

10. RockHead

RockHead Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner