1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PCV valve grommet part #

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by palmer_df0130, Jan 20, 2012.

1. palmer_df0130

palmer_df0130 Rockstar

Good evening, I have been searching the internet and cannot find the part number for my 99 Silverado 5.3l. I pulled it out at a Napa today and tried to match it with the ones they had and none matched. I am also wondering if swithing to the fixed PCV would be worth a try or if the OE equivilant Purolator PCV I have in it is good to go? Thanks in advance for any info.
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know if this will help but I get my oil changed at Precision Tune for 24.95 and they told me that I needed a PCV valve because someone had put a fixed one in there. Now I don't know if it matters but they put the PVC valve and the grommet in for about 5 dollars so I can't complain. Just a thought.
  3. palmer_df0130

palmer_df0130 Rockstar

Thanks for the response donyms. I might just have to find ashop or go to the dealer to get a new one.