1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Peeling Dash

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Shellyne, May 27, 2005.

1. Shellyne

Shellyne New Member

My 2001 Tahoe has places where it is peeling - the ashtray, handle on passenger side, and on the side of the dash that is almost flush with the passenger door when it closes. In 2 areas, it is black underneath and is looking rather ugly. I take good care of my baby and keep it clean. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The guy at Classic Carwash told me that he's seen many Tahoe's with the same issue. I'm trying to figure out where to go next for help....
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Any chance that you can take a picture of the damage and upload it to the site?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

There are some kits that you can get to repair this. What part of the country are you in? Is it hot or cold a lot of the year?

Anyone else have this problem?
  4. 99yukon

99yukon New Member

I have this problem in my 99 too. They kind of vinyl paint they use at the factory does not hold up well. Your best bet is to stip and sand it down and use a good quality vinyl paint from your local parts store and redoing it. You can even do it with your own custom touch. Hint: buy an adhesion promotor it really helps on these kinds of surfaces.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Good tip.