Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Peltier Chevrolet Lufkin, Tx: Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by 98Hotrod98, Jun 27, 2011.

1. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Peltier Chevrolet cannot be trusted and has lost my business forever.

I received a sales add from the dealership regarding "Authorized Vehicle BuyBack Notice". The add went on to say that Peltier has been authorized by GM to buyback GM vehicles at Original Base MSRP for Trade-in of a new GM vehicle. Quote in the fine print " less 15cents per mile, less reconditioning, less excessive wear/Tear.

So i call the dealership Friday and verified the sale is still going on, and i told the sales lady what i was wanting to trade in, ect.. She verified that sale was exactly as i read and that its going on through Monday. So i packup and drove 200miles to this dealership with the family Saturday.

When i arrive at the dealership i snooped around the lot for a bit and found a truck i liked ( 2500 4x4 Duramax ) and set off to find "Fedilia" my sales lady. I ask her to take a look at my trade-in ( perfect condition, 5000miles on the ODO, Base MSRP $30,065 ). She comes back 15min later and says she would offer me $17,000 for my truck. :no: I pull out the sales add and tell her i want this deal, she says the $17k is the best she will do. So i ask to speak to her sales manager to find the reasoning.
    The sales manager comes out "Corey" and tells me that there is no way he is going to pay me what i want because i only financed 22k on the truck when i bought it. I told the guy that i dont appreciate him looking up my personal information, and that regardless of what i paid for my truck that it does not effect the value of my trade-in, and why was he not honoring his Advertisement. I showed him my factory base MRSP on my window sticker, and quoted his ad to him, he said it could mean anything, and that i could take the deal or leave it, then he turned around and left.

At this point i was completely livid. These jack-asses sent out false advertisement, I called and confirmed the advertisement, then drove 200miles to the dealership just to be told they dont have to honor the deal. Then be treated like an idiot by their sales manager telling me "Factory Base MSRP" could mean anything!

Buyer Beware!:grrrrrr:
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry 98Hotrod98, but you know the saying "if it looks to good to be true...." I would call and complain to GM about how they conduct business.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I would go to gm and the BBB. false advertisement is illegal as well.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with STB & David, contact BBB & GM on this. I worked at a GM dealership for 5 years and if there was a misprint in our adds we would retract them add, but honor the printed price.
  5. 98Hotrod98

I did call GM,
    Talked to a customer representative named Jake. He took down all the info, then called the dealer manager with me on the line. The dealer manager said he would work harder to get me a few thousand more out of my truck, but he would not talk about their sales ad. The customer service guy from GM told me he didnt think he could do anything but file the complaint, as Gm dealerships are independently owned and operated, and sales is out of GM control. He opened a case and escalated to the district manager at GM.

GM district manager called me first thing this morning and apologized for the way this dealer is treating GM customers, but he said there was nothing he could do except flag this complaint in the dealership file, which will come up for review next time the dealer needs to renew their GM contract terms.

I also lodged a complaint with BBB in regards to this dealer, and also posted a review on google.

I thought this was also some misprint in the add, this is why i called prior to driving 200miles and confirmed the ad. I'm not sure what legal ramification are justified for such a thing, or even what i would get out of it. But it does go to show you that GM corp, really is not willing to do anything to stop these type of deceptive practices, which makes me wonder if they turn the blind eye to it just to get people into their dealerships.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

Have you thought about a complaint with the state attorneys office?
  7. 98Hotrod98

Yeah i thought about legal actions, but then i think " To what end? ". Is it really worth the T&E to do legal route, i'm just not sure what i would expect out of the situation. Sure i was out time and $100 in gas, and it probably didn't help my blood pressure any, but that's not worth tieing up an already busy court system with. Maybe my reviews will sway some would be buyers away from that dishonest dealership, that i guess would be satisfaction enough.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

It does sound like GM actually did more than I thought they would in regards to calling the dealer with you on the phone etc. And I can also see how being the dealers are independently owned and operated that there is only so much GM can do. Also if the GM rep is true to his word and really logs the complaint in the dealers file and if they get enough you never know that dealer could actually lose their GM dealer status (not saying that will happen), but I have to give GM some credit for doing (maybe not a whole lot) more than I would have expected. Could have gotten the straight away nothing we can do answer or the ok well look into it and then never hearing from them again.
    I still understand how frustrating this whole scenario can be. Also by just letting the city attorney know the situation and just an inquiry by the city attorneys office may be enough pressure on the dealer to honor the ad without actually going into the courts and wasting money. If the dealer thinks they could lose a whole lot of money from a legal issue they may give just so they dont have to deal with that (best case scenario of course). I agree an actual court case/legal battle isnt gonna be worth it, but if they believe you are going to do it you never know what will happen.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

I don't know about Texas, but in Alabama if you file a complaint with the state attorney's they will look into it. Hopefully others will file complaints. Also post the dealers e-mail address so we can send them e-mails what we think about them.
  10. 98Hotrod98

I may look into the State attorney thing. I was also thinking of writing a letter to the local newspaper editor.

Here is their contact info.

Phone: 936-634-3383 Fax: 936-634-3531 Peltier Chevrolet Cadillac 1710 S. First Street Lufkin, Texas 75901 info@peltier.net