1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Penny for Your Thoughts (Wheel Offset)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Alibaster McGillicutty, Jul 28, 2013.

1. I have a 2007 Silverado (NBS) crew cab. A few months ago I looked on tirerack and used their visualizer to see what some wheels look like on my ride. I really liked the look of the KMC XD Diesel.
    Problem is, tirerack no longer shows that as an option for my ride. I have found some other sites that have some of these but I have a hard time taking their word for it like tirerack.
    Another problem is everywhere I have searched for tire/wheel experience......you guys and gals are mostly 4x4 !!!! No offence, that is the one thing I wish I would have on my truck that it doesn't. Well, that and some KMC XD Diesels.

Stock tire:
    245/70/17

Available sizes:
    265/70/17
    265/65/18
    275/55/20

I have found some Diesels 18x9 and 20x9 but with either 0 offset or negative offsets. I want to avoid the negative but thought the 0 offset may be ok. Other XD Series wheels on tirerack offered are 17, 18, and 20 inch wheels and there are several with 0 offsets which makes me think I would be ok.
    I plan on sticking with the stock tire size that were available and the 265/65/18 is about the same height as the 275/55/20 according to some tire size calculators I have seen. That would lean me towards the 18" wheels.

Enough rambling for now.
    Just because other 0 offset wheels on tirerack show to fit my truck, will any 0 offset?

Thanks,
    Ali McG
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A -0 offset on a x9 wheel will put you just about flush with the fender. Does your '07 have T-bars? If so, just crank a little and run a 305/55r20 with 20x9 -0. If you are not wanting/unable to crank do the 275/55's.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

I have zero offset on mine... I have 285 70 17's on... these are 33.5 x 11.5 x 17... do not know if 33x12.5x17 would fit without rubbing without some sort of offset. If you don't have some sort of lift be careful with tire size.
  4. No t-bars

Sorry, guess in my rambling I didn't mention it is 2WD. I have seen tons of info on what tire/wheel fits on 4x4 out there, just not a lot for us 2WD guys. At least from experience shared on leveling and lifting.