Penny for Your Thoughts (Wheel Offset)

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Alibaster McGillicutty, Jul 28, 2013.

1. I have a 2007 Silverado (NBS) crew cab. A few months ago I looked on tirerack and used their visualizer to see what some wheels look like on my ride. I really liked the look of the KMC XD Diesel.
    Problem is, tirerack no longer shows that as an option for my ride. I have found some other sites that have some of these but I have a hard time taking their word for it like tirerack.
    Another problem is everywhere I have searched for tire/wheel experience......you guys and gals are mostly 4x4 !!!! No offence, that is the one thing I wish I would have on my truck that it doesn't. Well, that and some KMC XD Diesels.

Stock tire:
    245/70/17

Available sizes:
    265/70/17
    265/65/18
    275/55/20

I have found some Diesels 18x9 and 20x9 but with either 0 offset or negative offsets. I want to avoid the negative but thought the 0 offset may be ok. Other XD Series wheels on tirerack offered are 17, 18, and 20 inch wheels and there are several with 0 offsets which makes me think I would be ok.
    I plan on sticking with the stock tire size that were available and the 265/65/18 is about the same height as the 275/55/20 according to some tire size calculators I have seen. That would lean me towards the 18" wheels.

Enough rambling for now.
    Just because other 0 offset wheels on tirerack show to fit my truck, will any 0 offset?

Thanks,
    Ali McG

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A -0 offset on a x9 wheel will put you just about flush with the fender. Does your '07 have T-bars? If so, just crank a little and run a 305/55r20 with 20x9 -0. If you are not wanting/unable to crank do the 275/55's.

3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I have zero offset on mine... I have 285 70 17's on... these are 33.5 x 11.5 x 17... do not know if 33x12.5x17 would fit without rubbing without some sort of offset. If you don't have some sort of lift be careful with tire size.

4. No t-bars

Sorry, guess in my rambling I didn't mention it is 2WD. I have seen tons of info on what tire/wheel fits on 4x4 out there, just not a lot for us 2WD guys. At least from experience shared on leveling and lifting.