1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Performance Camshaft for 2008 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Wolfman217, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Wolfman217

Wolfman217 Member

Hey guys! I'm only 18 years old and I know a lot about automobiles, but nothing about camshafts. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra with a 5.3L and I'm wondering what would be the best performance cam for this truck? And include all the specs.

2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

You have to be careful with the cam you choose... if you choose one with two much life it will require additional mods such a valve springs, high flow exhaust and intake. If you wish to keep it mostly stock duration is what is going to give you your most gains. I've have only used Crower cams in my engines... their a little price compared to others out there but you get what you pay for here. I highly recommend you contact them... give them the spec for yo vehicle and they will recommend a cam for you. Their website is WWW.Crower.com.