1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Performance chip question

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Mclever, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Mclever

Mclever New Member

I recently purchased a 08 z71 4x4 suburban that is all standard equipment w/exception of a Volant Cool Air intake. Gas mileage is in what I believe is normal (13's - 16's).
    My question is "will a performance chip live up to their claims, who can recommend a chip best suited for make & model gas burner based upon actual experience"?
    Thanks!

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You MAY get a slight increase with a programmer. I have a JET programmer and have realized gains of 1-2 mpg. There are tons of programmers out there. The diablo is used by many guys on this site and they claim to be very happy with it. There is also a vendor on the site that does custom tunes using the diablo tuners. You would get more performance and possibly better mileage from the custom tune then you would from a "boxed tune"