Performance chips. What to choose?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by tigersdl65, Dec 2, 2011.

1. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 New Member 100 Posts

Hi guys. I've been lookig into getting a performance chip for my truck but im not sure which to choose or if thats the right direction. I drive my 1996 z71 alot more than I previously thought I would. I NEED to improve my gas mileage. I thought a performance chip might help. As a side note I'm not in need of any more horse power, but ill take it where I can get it. Money is not matter, so what are good options?
  2. marko54

marko54 New Member 100 Posts

There really is only 1 legitimate chip and that would be from Jet. I would look into a Tuner/programmer.
  3. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 New Member 100 Posts

Now that I think about it you are right, they are all programers. Anyways do you have any suggestions?
  4. marko54

marko54 New Member 100 Posts

Lots of good stuff on the market. Hypertech,Superchips, Diablo , Edge Etc. I would search all mfgs. to see what programmers they have for your Veh. Personally i'm sold on Edge for their support/customer serv. what good is a product with a ton of features when you cant get hold of someone in the tech dept. for help.
  5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

nothing from diablo available for a 1996, nor any others that I'm aware of, since 1996's are not flash-programmable... you would need to get a chip...
  6. My98Suburban

My98Suburban New Member

Do they make any programers for a 98 GMC k1500 suburban or just a chip???
  7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS New Member 100 Posts

no... nothing before 1999....
  8. My98Suburban

My98Suburban New Member

Ok so if i wanted anything it would be a chip then? im guessing....