Performance chips. What to choose?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by tigersdl65, Dec 2, 2011.

1. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi guys. I've been lookig into getting a performance chip for my truck but im not sure which to choose or if thats the right direction. I drive my 1996 z71 alot more than I previously thought I would. I NEED to improve my gas mileage. I thought a performance chip might help. As a side note I'm not in need of any more horse power, but ill take it where I can get it. Money is not matter, so what are good options?

2. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

There really is only 1 legitimate chip and that would be from Jet. I would look into a Tuner/programmer.

3. tigersdl65

tigersdl65 Rockstar 100 Posts

Now that I think about it you are right, they are all programers. Anyways do you have any suggestions?

4. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Lots of good stuff on the market. Hypertech,Superchips, Diablo , Edge Etc. I would search all mfgs. to see what programmers they have for your Veh. Personally i'm sold on Edge for their support/customer serv. what good is a product with a ton of features when you cant get hold of someone in the tech dept. for help.

5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

nothing from diablo available for a 1996, nor any others that I'm aware of, since 1996's are not flash-programmable... you would need to get a chip...

6. My98Suburban

My98Suburban Member

Do they make any programers for a 98 GMC k1500 suburban or just a chip???

7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

no... nothing before 1999....

8. My98Suburban

My98Suburban Member

Ok so if i wanted anything it would be a chip then? im guessing....