1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Performance chips??

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by chriskagiliery, Apr 17, 2007.

1. chriskagiliery

chriskagiliery New Member

I saw on ebay these chips that are like $10 and supposed to improve gas mileage and horsepower. Are these legit or a scam? Anyone try these?
  2. djlndc

djlndc New Member

That question has crossed my mind also. Sorry I don't have the answer. I also wonder about those air in-take devises. They say they'll improve performance and save fuel. But, I'm not convinced.
  3. chriskagiliery

On the chips, I have seen comments under the ebay seller that are both good and bad about them.
  4. 95chevyguy

95chevyguy New Member

Something to keep in mind when adding anyhing that will improve horsepower and gas milage will depend mainly on how you drive. If you drive conservativly then you will save some gas but if you keep your foot in the gas all the time you will not get as good as gas milage as you could
  5. chriskagiliery

Wow, I had no idea how that worked! lol
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

You need to read these auctions carefully, and make sure you ask plenty of questions. Some of these guys are actually selling "a reprogramming" of your existing chip. Which means if it's your daily driver, it's going to be parked while the chip is out. They are also messing with your only chip which means if they screw it up, or fry it, then you're left with no alternative but to drop a couple hundred on a new chip, which means more down time.

Some of these guys do a good job, and others are hacks. Just go into it asking tons of questions.

This guy has been doing it for years.
    http://www.tbichips.com/
    But he only does it for OBD I. So for you guys with newer rigs, you'll need to dig up some other resources.

Ooops, looks like he's doing some reprograming for ODB II now.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  7. kelly

kelly New Member

Hey guys, unfortunately the $10 eBay chip is not going to do anything for you :neutral:

However, we offer tuning for the Colorado/Canyon starting at $139. We have proven gains of 10-14hp and 1-3mpg...also improved shifting (automatic) and better overall performance. We can also remove speed limiters and adjust for different tire sizes. Check us out, we've got our own subforum here!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17729
    1 person likes this.