Performance Intake Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bacon89, Mar 5, 2011.

1. bacon89

bacon89 Member

Hey all,

I have been shopping around for a Performance Intake for my 2010 5.3 and I have ran into some issues. I just moved to Maryland and the intake needs to be CARB certified to pass emissions testing :grrrrrr:. Does anyone know which kits would work down here so I can get rid of this restrictive stock Intake system. I was looking into the AIRAID Jr. kit to keep the stock Airbox but I dont know how well that'll work.

Thanks for the help,
    Bacon

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Look at the Banks CAI.

3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

If the intakes are legal for emissions they will carry a C.A.R.B number right on them & most manufactures state this right in their ads which ones do & which ones don't to make your selection process a little easier

4. BiG Chris

BiG Chris Member

Just keep your OEM intake and when inspection time comes just swap it out.

5. bacon89

bacon89 Member

Thanks for the input. My only problem is most for the CAI sites except for K&N list what states don't allow CAI's (Arizona, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington). I think ill just do what Big Chris said to do. Ill swap out the CAI when emission testing time comes.

6. BiG Chris

BiG Chris Member

bacon thats the best bet, i know alot of people that do it including myself