Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Performance Pulleys !!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wailalghanim, Jun 29, 2008.

1. wailalghanim

wailalghanim New Member

Hi all,

Anyone knows wether the performance pulleys are good to install or no on the NBS 1500 5.3 ?

I am planning to order one set which will replace the crank, alternator and compressor, would it do any help in the truck acceleration ?

Thanks

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Underdrive pulleys are a great performance addition for small block engines. Beware though that you wont gain a neck snapping performance increase. They will increase performance across the range of RPM's but it will be minimal. Underdrive sets are usually added with other performance enhancing items, i.e. blowers, turbos, or big bore thottle bodys these items offer a large gain in performance and usually make people think the pulleys gave a larger increase than they actually did.
    Keep an eye on the engine temp, alternator output, and A/C these are the items that can sometimes have adverse effects from underdrive pulleys and may need some tweaking to get things running correctly.

3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Where did you see the underdrive pulleys for the NBS? Also do you have anything else in mind besides the pulleys?

4. wailalghanim

wailalghanim New Member

I got the pulleys from partstrain.com if you want to purchase them, try to call and bargin with them, they may give some discount.

As of the ideas of more add's, I love to keep my car as much as posoble like a stock car, so all modefication I make should not alter my car reliability neather makes it look ( Not Stock ) , so I try to stick to nice mod's onl.

I already installed in my Sierra :
    Diablo sport -predetor programer
    Borla Cat-back
    Thrutle body spacer ( a waist of money and time )
    K&N 77 series intake

Plans and in process:
    I'v got the pulleys but yet to be installed
    I am about to get long headers to install with my catbacks

Than when I am bored with the truck and I drove it more than 30 K Mil 's I am going chalange my princepls and go for bigger plans :
    Transmetion modefication: Convertor,cooler, shift kit, Light flywheel
    I might need to do some mods in the rear end ( axel and suspensino )
    I am planning to install a supercharger , most propbalu magnacharger since it does not requier much of mods to the engine (radix, and LSX 438 TWIN TURBO & procharger are other options )
    I am trying to find someone who would manufuctrue fiber glass complete bed ( 200-300 KG less from the car ) and would order carbon fiber fendors and hood and denali bumpers ( would take another 200 KGs, making the truck around 1/2 ton less in wight.