1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

performance tricks?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by evolution8917, Jul 15, 2009.

1. evolution8917

evolution8917 New Member

So i recently got rid of my hemi ram for a 5.3 silverado and there were a couple of tricks that i did to my ram that helped the performance it was cheap and effective, is there anything like this for my 02 ext. cab silverado???
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Most start with an intake, exhaust and either a programmer or custom tune. There are a lot of options depending on how much you want to increase the performance and how much you are willing to spend. Good luck. Got any pics of your new ride?
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site! what did you do to your ram?
  4. evolution8917

evolution8917 New Member

no i dont have any right now, ill be sure to get some though. i had just full exhaust and intake on the ram it was very quick for what it was
  5. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

another overlooked upgrade thats fairly inexpensive is swapping the underdrive pulley, and if you got the time to down the truck long enough slap in a cam before you get it tuned......after the mods listed so far in this post you'll have to start dropping larger amounts of cash