1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

performance tune question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by willbradfan, May 22, 2011.

1. willbradfan

willbradfan New Member

Just wondering if anyone knows if I will need to get a new black bear performance tune if I installed a TCI shift kit and a TCI servo kit? I am guessing yes since it will be changing the shifts.
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Well from what i've heard man it's best to get the Black Bear Custom Tune or any other tune after you have completed all your mod's to the engine your wanting to do so when you want the tune you can get the best and most outta everything you have installed... idk if you would need one or not maybe someone else would chime in. I was just letting you know what other's told me to finish the engine mod's along with exhaust and everything before hand.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I would say you would need a retune as most tuners play with the trans.
  4. willbradfan

willbradfan New Member

Most transmission shops should be able to install the shift kit and servo right? I don't have enough time to do it myself and want it done right.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Yes any trans shop can install the servo's.