1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

PETITION to save Chevy brand name! GM to get rid of Chevy!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CHEVY NAME?
    GM Just said they want to stop using "Chevy" in favor of "Chevrolet" only.

Read the Quote Below then add Your Name and Comments!

We'll send this link to GM to get their attention that we love the CHEVY brand name.
    GM released an internal memo to employees in Detroit earlier this week, telling them to stop using the nickname CHEVY! I for one have never owned a Chevrolet, but I have been the proud owner of many a Chevy!

Add your name to this thread with some brief comments about what Chevy means to you. I'll make certain to get this thread seen as high up in GM as I can.

2. trapperdon

trapperdon Rockstar 100 Posts

save the CHEVY !!!!

uh, steve; i posted this 9 minutes before you got to it...
    :lol:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good man, took me a while to get it posted out.

4. Brews

Brews Rockstar

It will always be a CHEVY to me.

5. Kman1022

Kman1022 New Member

Chevy 'til I die

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am a union sister from local 1005 general motors stamping and assembly plant, and I hate to tell you but all of us chevy workers call our vehicles chevys, not chevrolets!!!!!!

Why not let us vote on it through the international like we do our contracts? I bet you chevy would win!

Phrase from the 50's general motors campaigne: "see the usa in your chevrolet!"

7. drillbit26

drillbit26 Rockstar 100 Posts

keep "chevy" It is what most people are raised on. Not to mention the epic battle of chevy vs ford. If you do away with chevy you are not only getting rid of a tradition, you are getting rid of a "revolution", to quote their on brand

8. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Three words!

EPIC

MARKETING

FAIL!

9. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

To borrow a quote from Charilton Heston.

"You can have my Chevy when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

10. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

They probably paid some consultancy firm a lot of money to help advice them on that too.

Coke doesn't go by Coke-a-Cola. Apple doesn't even use it's company brand when selling it's products. Are we expected to change lyrics to songs too? "Bye bye Miss American Pie, Drove my Chevrolet to the Levrolet, but the Levrolet was dry..."