Pic of my truck with my BILSTEIN levelling shocks installed.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Bigbomber, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Got it done yesterday.I also had a READYLIFT 2" block installed in the rear and took out the stock 1" block.We measured the front before and after and the shocks increased the front height by 2"

View attachment 21345

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks good man.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That looks sweet......nice job!

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Awesome! Bomber, were you the one who recommended Blistein shocks to me in my Improving Z71 Suspension thread? I'm thinking about going with those shocks. How is the ride quality? And with 2 inches are they clearing 33's? I guess they should.

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks great. Now you have room for some big rubber!!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Lookin' Good!!

7. Bigbomber

I'm pretty sure i was.The ride appears a little stiffer than the stock shocks but i like it.My truck definitley handles better now and the height is absolutely awesome,i will be able to get 33's on it now
    thanks for all the positive comments guys.

8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Very nice!!
    It is subtle-doesn't jump out at you like the 6" lifts do. It kinda looks like it could have been stock.
    I'm not a fan of huge lifts- they ruin the mpg and make the trucks less useful as an actual people ,dog,cat and stuff hauler.
    A 2" lift won't hurt the handling much to speak of, won't hurt the mpg much and won't impair functionality at all-might actually improve it if you live on a crummy road and need the extra clearance those bigger tires will give you.
    LOOKS COOLS ALSO!! Very nice!
    Charlie

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good. To me thats the right way to level a NBS 1500 truck.

10. Bigbomber

Thank you so much for all the great comments.I had all the work done at TOYS'N TIRES in Elie Mb and they did a great job.They charged me $330.00,my dealer wanted 700.00 for the same job.Elie is 30 minutes from Winnipeg and the shop has been specializing in lifts for over 15 years.Im going to be purchasing my 33"Mickey Thompson rubber from them in the new year as they have promised they will beat any price i can find ANYWHERE!Great guys that deserve the plug i'm giving them here.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010