1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pic request, (285/70 17's)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by GSXR, Sep 29, 2011.

1. GSXR

GSXR New Member

I have looked all over and cant really find any good pictures of silverado's leveled with 285/70/17, perferably on stock wheels. but if you have them on your truck post them up for me. I put the Rough country leveling kit on and have been putting off buying tires and just dont want to be dissapointed when i get them.. thanks guys
  2. Z71FTW

Z71FTW Rockstar

go to my page and on my albums i have 285's on 17's i dont have a level kit though my tortion bars where tightene to level it off so you can kinda get a feel for what it looks like
  3. Z71FTW

Z71FTW Rockstar

IMAG0102.jpg IMAG0101.jpg
    i hope these arent to small and help you out some i know its an older chevy but hopefully it will help
  4. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I just put on my new winter tires on my 2004 silverado Z71 this week. They are firestone destination A/Ts 285/70/17 on stock silverado 17s i sprayed black. I have a tuff country leveling kit with front torsion keys and the add a leaf in the rear as well. Ill post some pics when i get home. they dont rub at all and no trimming or modifying was required. They wont even rub at full lock to either side!
  5. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

6. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Thanks for the pics, I was wanting to see some as well. I should be able to run 285/70/17's with no problem with a 2.5" leveling kit on my 2wd right? Probably a stupid question, but just wondering.

Also, [MENTION=49997]LEVELEDZ71[/MENTION] , how did you paint your stock wheels black? is that just spray paint? because I have chrome wheel covers on mine and I'm thinking of spraying the actual wheel itself, so I would be able to easily change the look of the tire in just a few minutes by popping the covers on and off. Thanks.
  7. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I sandblasted the rims and used just standard grey primer on them. i let them dry and then spray painted them with a high temp engine enamel. Mine also had the chrome covers but i think they look terrible thats why i painted them black.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

im running 285/70/17s for my winter wheels but my summer wheels are 275/60/20 summer tires which are a true 33inch tire and i still dont get anywhere near rubbing. When i installed the leveling kit i only cranked them up and got 1 2/3-3/4ish lift in front. i can get 2 inches out of the front easily without over cranking but i just never got around to it and if they dont rub why mess with em.