1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

picked out the lift kit!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by K15 Blazer Guy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

[h=5]I've settled on a 2" body lift for my blazer... that will save me WAY more money in the long run than a suspension lift and a can still fit 33s with full travel. I have the 2" leveling kit from the torsion keys, and air-shocks in the rear to help with spring sagging under load.
    The rest will just be the 2" body spacing... so if anyone has any advice on this id be happy to hear it!
    thanks![/h]this is the kit:
    http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-body-lift-kit-bl10022.html
  2. Rebel_Bowtie

Rebel_Bowtie Member

Looks like a good kit! Just don't forget to get an alignment done since you're maxing out the torsions. Don't mess up the steering extension and I'd find out if you need a fuel filler extension bc I didn't see one of those listed in the parts.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Performance accessories is a decent kit.
    Normally 2" wont need a fuel filler extension, if you do it as close as buying correct size fuel hose at a local auto parts along with clamps.
    One extra I do on every body lift I put on is buying new fender washers and placing one under the bolt head and one between the body and puck, find the largest washer you can, something larger in size than the diameter than the pucks.
    Check the rubber body bushings before starting and replace them if their checking or deteriorating.
    One other item is 2" normally doesnt include bumper lifts, a good welder can fab brackets to lift the bumpers and keep them where they need to be on the body.
  4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I'm so glad someone said that. One of my all time pet peeves is that issue right there with body lifts not being done right. If the bumper is still if factory location, then doing the lift...well.. it just looks outright stupid IMO haha