Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Picked up my first Snap On tool

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Oct 24, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I know they are over priced, yada, yada, yada,

But I picked up a 3/8" ratchet with an 80 tooth gear head and I was shocked at how much better it is than my equal craftsman ratchet. it clicks and locks with allot less of an arch (swing) of the handle saving time.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm a Craftsman guy, but I do want a set of fine-tooth Snap On ratchets. The nice short swing is so nice.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I was hoping for one of their 100 tooth models, but apparently they did that for 1 or 2 years and discontinued them. Now 80 tooth is the highest. He did have one of the "cheaper" round head models with 100 teeth, but you could see a visual difference in build quality. Either way it is a welcome upgrade :)
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My shop at home is all snap on and I do miss the ratchets. Used to love seeing the snap on truck roll up to shop class in high school to get something new. Gots my old craftsman set with me at school it still does the job.