1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Picked up this gem last week!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to share my newest addition to the family! Most likely rescued this truck from destruction by some high school kiddo...

He's a 2004 2400HD 2 wheel drive LB7, about 255k on the clock and running pretty strong! We only had one little hiccup in performance so far (aside from the COMPLETELY clogged K&N filter suffocating it when I bought it:grrrrrr:) but will have that in another thread! Will get more pictures as I get it cleaned up, but the interior is about a 8/10, exterior is about a 7/10 (trailer incident haha)

Say hello to AJ! (fiance named him haha)
    20140527_141719.jpg
    20140527_141743.jpg
  2. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Well done! Looks like a decent truck, and you got a good price. I have had two of the LB7, and they both had on-going injector problems. Other than that, they were great trucks. The Allison is a monster tranny!!
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

[MENTION=58092]buckmeister2[/MENTION] Thank you! I have to agree we got a pretty good deal on him, it's not very often that you are in the green coming into a deal haha!

The hiccup we had already was pertaining to injectors, so already setting money aside for lift-pump and injector upgrade. Diesel mechanic buddy of mine listened to his heartbeat and told me i should probably go ahead and open it up and check for valve-lash cause he sounded a little more noisy than usual, but gave him a mostly clean bill of health! So far we love it!