Picked up this gem last week!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jun 9, 2014.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to share my newest addition to the family! Most likely rescued this truck from destruction by some high school kiddo...

He's a 2004 2400HD 2 wheel drive LB7, about 255k on the clock and running pretty strong! We only had one little hiccup in performance so far (aside from the COMPLETELY clogged K&N filter suffocating it when I bought it:grrrrrr:) but will have that in another thread! Will get more pictures as I get it cleaned up, but the interior is about a 8/10, exterior is about a 7/10 (trailer incident haha)

Say hello to AJ! (fiance named him haha)
    20140527_141719.jpg
    20140527_141743.jpg

2. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Well done! Looks like a decent truck, and you got a good price. I have had two of the LB7, and they both had on-going injector problems. Other than that, they were great trucks. The Allison is a monster tranny!!

3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

[MENTION=58092]buckmeister2[/MENTION] Thank you! I have to agree we got a pretty good deal on him, it's not very often that you are in the green coming into a deal haha!

The hiccup we had already was pertaining to injectors, so already setting money aside for lift-pump and injector upgrade. Diesel mechanic buddy of mine listened to his heartbeat and told me i should probably go ahead and open it up and check for valve-lash cause he sounded a little more noisy than usual, but gave him a mostly clean bill of health! So far we love it!