1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pics from the Sandy Storm from Northern NJ and NY....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Well it's getting out of hand here.. Gas lines are Huge I waited 2 1/2 Hr's yesterday for $50 worth (The Max) And that was for EXon.....And I Hate [​IMG] eXon Gas....

DSCF9959.jpg DSCF9960.jpg DSCF9963.jpg DSCF9964.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some pics from my area.... DSCF9935.jpg This is a friend of the familys.. DSCF9936.jpg Check out this phone pole.. DSCF9937.jpg DSCF9938.jpg With 7 trees down all over my friends house all he could do was sit back plug in the inverter and watch some news.. We did some BBQ after this...:great:
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

neat pics! sorry to hear about the damage and the gas lines. let us know if we can help!

Alex
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Here are some pics from Piermont NY where I used to live. The Boats on the Hudson were floating in the yards about 100 feet INLAND. People were in Chest hight Hudson river water with 20 foot poles pushing away the boats from their house's. These pics are from Piermont ave where the fire Dept push the boats for now.. DSCF9949.jpg DSCF9950.jpg DSCF9952.jpg DSCF9953.jpg DSCF9954.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF9948.jpg The Library parking lot covered in Mud DSCF9956.jpg DSCF9958.jpg The town All dark and the harbor
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

Crazy pics Glenn. We have a lot of trees and power lines down here too. One guy's driveway was ripped up when the tree at the end of his driveway fell over. I watched a 80 foot tree fall from my backyard into my neighbor's yard during the storm, fortunately it only took out a small portion of the fence.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Was in Far Rockaway, Queens today They are Wiped out!!!

DSCF9979.jpg DSCF9990.jpg This boat was 100 yards from here it was DRY docked... DSCF9980.jpg This Jeep was in a parking lot accross from where it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF9978.jpg DSCF9991.jpg Most people just parked there cars along the center of this strip Everyone of them were water logged.. I think something floated by this Avalanche and hit it.. DSCF9992.jpg This 68 Firebird was under water the owner told me...

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF9983.jpg This Boardwalk was on the rails to the right of this pic.. DSCF9988.jpg DSCF9987.jpg This was a strip mall.. Now just Rubble..

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF9981.jpg DSCF9984.jpg DSCF9985.jpg DSCF9986.JPG DSCF9982.jpg Where my truck was is where the street WAS.. now about 1 foot of sand...
  6. Sierraowner5.3

those are some crazy pics man. i dig that one of you avalanche, to bad it had to storm for you to get it.

Alex
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

The gas lines are unsurprising; people probably didn't bother to fill up before the storm. It's amazing how poorly people prepare for the unexpected well in advance of the unexpected.

As for the pics, they're mild for a storm-impacted region and certainly nowhere near as bad as Katrina was. I'm pleased the damage and loss of life were not worse. Had the system parked and rained on the area instead of moving on ... it could have been. I know that's a small consolation for those feeling the impact right now, though. :(
  8. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

SS Minnow on a three-hour tour. They still are restoring power to lower Manhattan. The number of people without power is still over one million just in the NY-NJ-CT area. I'm sure the total number is much higher considering the size of the storm. My Mom is still without power in central NJ, and they are projected to get it back late this week. How about you Glenn, do you have power?
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Still running on Gen Power I hear there is a Big Rain storm coming on Wed.. :neutral: I have 3/4 gas now and it's a odd even days for gas So my last # on my plate is Odd so I can only get gas on Odd dates...
  10. Sierraowner5.3

need someone to bring ya some?

Alex