1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pics of de-badging/de-pinstriping

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by bmass2844, Jun 8, 2009.

1. bmass2844

bmass2844 Member

So i finished de-badging and de-pinstriping the truck. This is the first time ive ever done any cosmetic mods. I mostly spend my time under the hood. Its amazing how a few hours of work can change the appearance of your ride so much. As for the glue left over, a little fingernail scraping, a rag with goo gone. Then a walmart dual action buffer and Mother's Caranuba wax, worked amazing!! Tell me what ya think.

Attached Files:

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hmm.... naw....no, uh uh... I don't like it..... I think you should put the stuff back on..

Just kidding! Always nice to see a clean truck. Good work, man!
  3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i did mine today in about 30 min. i left the pin striping b/c i think it will look too plain w/o it. i am debating on taking the z71 off the side, but i dunno if i do
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If my truck weren't too old, I would remove the badges, the side molding, and put on the smoothie bumpers.

Are you going to remove the Silverado on the back, the LS badge on the side, and the side moldings?
  5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Negative! Leave the z71 on the side.

Your truck looks good, no colour difference. Good job!
  6. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

mean green i dont know if you were referring to me, but i took the moldings off a long time ago. i will probably leave the ls badge, and the silverado and chevrolet badges are off too
  7. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cleanliness is next to godliness!

That is one clean truck.
  8. bmass2844

bmass2844 Member

Thanks guys. Yeah there was a big color difference until i hit it with the caranuba wax. I would like to hit the whole truck with a coat of it. But before i do that, i gotta get that rough idle fixed. Im replacing the 2 pre-cat 0xygen sensors on saturday. But yes i decided to leave the Silverado badge on the tailgate.

Good luck removing your z71 sticker. I had a 97 Ram, i tried removing the 4x4 sticker off the rear fender. It looked horrible. Nothing i did could get it off the paint.
  9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sry Scott, I was talking to Bmass.
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice Job!!!......You have a Very Clean looking Ride. :great: How many miles do you have on your Ride?