1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pics of Husky Liner Gearbox Underseat Storage Silverado Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Jan 12, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I have told the forum that I would post pics of the Husky Liners Gearbox Underseat Storage. I paid $105 shipped for mine from Amazon. THe only downside is that the only color is black, I wish it would have come in tan, oh well I got it at a good price.

20130112_131016.jpg 20130112_131048.jpg

I know I don't have it fully utilized, but I will fill it with some more stuff.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I have painted interior black plastic. You can buy your interior colour in a "rattle can" and spray it on. Yours is a large surface, so it will need a few cans. Look for a primmer that is close to the colour you want, than will save a few coats of the expensive finish paint.
  3. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Yeah, you can repaint it yourself... But, to me, it looks good, I am assuming it's not that noticable still.
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

The black does not bother me that bad. How durable is the paint once applied?
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I always use adhesion promoter on interior stuff, otherwise It won't hold up with regular use. I have my whole dash painted, door panels, headliner the whole deal. It's going on 5 years no problems, I used "bulldog" adhesion promoter. It comes in a spray can.
  6. RayVoy

Very well, it was a 3 seat wagon (when kids were small), it didn't have speakers in the rear, so I ordered factory grills that arrived in black plastic. The interior was tan, so I painted them (I used a recommended primmer, but it was years ago). The paint stood up very well, the kids used the grills for shelves and they did not scratch.
  7. RayVoy

Yep, 8 posts all pushing du ha