Pics of Husky Liner Gearbox Underseat Storage Silverado Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Jan 12, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I have told the forum that I would post pics of the Husky Liners Gearbox Underseat Storage. I paid $105 shipped for mine from Amazon. THe only downside is that the only color is black, I wish it would have come in tan, oh well I got it at a good price.

20130112_131016.jpg 20130112_131048.jpg

I know I don't have it fully utilized, but I will fill it with some more stuff.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have painted interior black plastic. You can buy your interior colour in a "rattle can" and spray it on. Yours is a large surface, so it will need a few cans. Look for a primmer that is close to the colour you want, than will save a few coats of the expensive finish paint.

3. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Yeah, you can repaint it yourself... But, to me, it looks good, I am assuming it's not that noticable still.

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The black does not bother me that bad. How durable is the paint once applied?

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I always use adhesion promoter on interior stuff, otherwise It won't hold up with regular use. I have my whole dash painted, door panels, headliner the whole deal. It's going on 5 years no problems, I used "bulldog" adhesion promoter. It comes in a spray can.

6. RayVoy

Very well, it was a 3 seat wagon (when kids were small), it didn't have speakers in the rear, so I ordered factory grills that arrived in black plastic. The interior was tan, so I painted them (I used a recommended primmer, but it was years ago). The paint stood up very well, the kids used the grills for shelves and they did not scratch.

7. RayVoy

Yep, 8 posts all pushing du ha